USC Village Community Room
To submit a room request, please fill out this form. We will respond within 5-6 working days.
For any questions, please email USCVCR@usc.edu. Thank you!
General Use Policies
Room Use Guidelines
The approved user must agree to comply with University of Southern California (USC) rules, regulations and policies as outlined in SCampus (studentaffairs.usc.edu/scampus/). The approved user and all guests must also comply with appropriate state and federal laws, and fire and police department rules and regulations. The approved user may not assign, transfer, sublet or otherwise dispose of the agreement or its rights to any other groups. The Room is provided free of charge to approved community groups and organizations.
- Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis, reservation must be made at least 3 weeks in advance, and no more than 3 months out.
- The client will be notified by email regarding confirmation of the reservation request.
- Reservations are not confirmed until you have received an email confirming your reservation.
Monday – Saturday, 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM, closed on the day prior to Commencement, Commencement Day, USC holidays, Spring and Winter Recess, and home football games.
Links to USC holidays and Academic Calendar, home football schedule.
3015 S. Hoover Street, Building 1-189. Right across from the Fire Station on Hoover.
Room size and capacity
686 square feet with two breakout rooms. Maximum capacity-56 (34 seated, 56 standing), the user will not permit occupancy in excess of the capacity. No activities are allowed outside the room.
Purpose of Usage
- For meeting use only, not for parties.
- A total of 15 tables and 34 chairs are available for use. No additional tables and chairs will be provided by the facility.
- Two trash cans will be provided in the room. Any additional trash cans must be provided by the hosting community group.
- The room will be unlocked and locked according to your reservation time only. No exceptions.
- Screen and projector are available in the room (please provide your own laptop). No kitchen and no cooking on site.
- A surveillance camera is installed in the room for security purpose.
Please note: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor and outdoor USC facilities.
- Taping, stapling, gluing or otherwise attaching items to any walls, doors, curtains, windows, posts, columns, floors or ceilings.
- Glitter and confetti.
- Fog machines and bubble machines.
- Candles, flames of any kind, pyrotechnics.
- Removal of Property: The user agrees that all materials pertinent to the event that are not the property of the University will be removed from the Facility immediately after termination of the event(s) hereunder. Failure to do so will mean that the userâ€™s effects are abandoned and will be disposed of by the University.
- Room Configurations: The user must select desired set up from list of available room configuration options at the time of reservation request. Available room configurations are based on the capacity and furniture needs for the event or meeting being requested.
The University of Southern California maintains the right to cancel the event, or terminate the event if the user or any such person does not comply with USC policies.
Reservation changes or cancellations must be made in writing by the same individual who initiated the original request. Reservations must be cancelled in writing (email to USCVCR@USC.EDU) no later than 2 weeks prior to the event date.
A USC representative will be available at the event to help unlock/lock the facility, help set up the event facility, answer questions during the event, respond to emergencies, oversee the use of the facility and help clean up after the event. The USC representative will remain in the facility throughout the entire duration of your reservation time.
- Indemnity: The user assumes complete responsibility for the conduct of the persons attending the event and the condition of the University’s property and facilities after the event. The user must return the University’s facilities to the condition they were in before the event. The University assumes no responsibility for the loss, theft, or damage of personal property or damage to the person for the user or any of its event participants or guests. The user agrees to indemnify and hold the University and its employees, contractors and agents harmless from and against all claims, damages, actions, liabilities, costs and demands arising from user’s and user’s event participants’ and guests’ use of the University’s facilities.
- Limitation of Liability: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, to the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event will USC be responsible for any incidental damages, consequential damages, exemplary damages of any kind, lost goodwill, lost profits, lot business and/or any indirect economic damages whatsoever regardless of whether such damages arise from claims based upon contract, negligence, tort (including strict liability of other legal theory), a breach of any warranty or term of this agreement, and regardless of whether the user was advised or had reason to know of the possibility of incurring such damages in advance.
- Objectionable Persons: The University reserves the right to eject from the facility any objectionable person. Neither the University nor its employees shall be liable to the user for any damages that may be sustained through the exercise of such a right.
Food and Beverage
Failure to sufficiently clean the venue or remove trash will result in the loss of future use of the facility. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the facility. No cooking on site.
The user is responsible for its own parking arrangements.
(This General Use Policies will be updated periodically.)